In very unlikely emergency situations, such as floods or earthquakes, I watch a TV news show for a few moments. Apart from that, I stopped watching TV SET news 20 years back. I stopped listening to news on radio channels 15 years ago. These kinds of days, I tend to get 100% of my news from the internet, spending less than a minute a day skimming the news; and i also suspect I am not by yourself. I have always been a judgment broker who writes a lot. Silvassa Newspaper
A long time ago, car radio and TV news was far more important for reasons that included back then, there was less choice about what to watch on TV. And, before the internet, TV and radio news was the most effective way to learn that which was happening worldwide. The internet ruined the magazine business, and conventional car radio stations are finding it more difficult to stay profitable. They are five reasons I do not watch TV news or tune in to radio news:
1) Press news often exaggerates, and may occasionally lie. Regularly, every news source or anchor seems to say almost exactly the same thing. Sometimes later, the facts seem to be to indicate that the real story was somewhat different. News cannot avoid protecting matters with selective opinion and/or selective indignation, which omits some news, and is targeted on a limited amount of topics.
2) Actually if TV and r / c news was 100% appropriate, it just does not appear to use to myself. I prefer to give attention to good things, and what I can do now and in the next to future. I do not concentrate on the particular world will or will not do. For what reason worry by what I are unable to change?
3) Media information is constantly repeated, sometimes in mind-numbing detail, often for trivial topics. Many news subjects do not improve from knowing every detail, however media news appears to dig to find trivia, and present it to be important to understanding the key concepts of the story.
4) Just like newspapers, TV networks and stations, and radio; we get the same information, much faster on the web. There, we can catch up on the news while you’re observing TV, a movie, hearing to music, etc.
5) Media news is often disturbing, biased, and celebrity-centric. These are things I actually prefer not to target on. Basically watch TELEVISION SET news, I watch it only in short and fun doses, for example clips and discussions within the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, or the Colbert Nation show with Sophie Colbert.
The internet is changing our society as much as electricity did. Media is something we want to understand the full details about, only for subjects that interest us, that is certainly best achieved on the web. You may set Google News, and other news portals, showing you just the reports stories that interest you.
TV and radio media may work best by sticking to the headers. Maybe if TV and radio media news just offered headlines, and got several good comedians sharing with lots of jokes in each show, that would persuade me to beat in again.