WordPress Security Checklist
Here is a simple checklist for WordPress owners and marketers. WordPress is one of the most popular website platforms because of really ease of use however, it has its problems, and it is because of its popularity that hackers use this program to attempt to utilize their malware and harmful scripts. WordPress Security has become essential today to protect not only your website but your brand reputation. what to do if wordpress website is hacked
Typically WordPress owners are ignorant that the website has been hacked. Even though your website has been hacked it doesn’t necessarily suggest you will observe a strange image when you access your website. Hackers often conceal the fact they may have hacked your site as they have inserted a mailbot and are spamming from your IP address.
Use our register for the foundations of good WordPress Security
you ) Clean and remove spyware, malware and infections from your PC/Mac before entering the backend of your WordPress installation
2. Backup your website before you do anything, this is easily done with the use of Back-up Buddy.
3. Never use ‘admin’ as an user name.
4. Always use a very good password.
5. Stay Up-to-date – Ensure your WordPress Installation and WordPress Jacks are always up to date. See Latest WP Security Updates in the resources section below.
six. Limit Login Attempts – Ensure you reduce the login attempts down to around 3 attempts. No longer make it easy for the hackers.
7. Take out unwanted WordPress Themes – When themes are still on your website and they go out of date Hackers use these to gain entry. Just have the theme you are using installed and keep that up to date.
8. Spring Tidy – Your WordPress website may have other files on the root of your server. Do you really need them and they development areas. If you do not need the folders erase them.
9. Your Hosting Company – Make sure you are by using a hosting company that specialises in WordPress installations. WordPress servers need special attention to protect your website.
10. Two times Layer Authentication – Work with an added layer of security.
Whilst the checklist above is not an exhaustive list, it is just a foundation level of security. Protection is the start of the process, monitoring your website on a daily basis is important. We realise that numerous website owners just dont have time or the knowledge, so you can expect 3 services that can be found in the resources section below.